Sunday, May 30, 2010

Defeating the Fear

Still scared…of what they might think. I've grown so much and gotten strong enough that I'm proud of my work and of my beliefs. But I'm weak enough to still have fear of criticism and failure. It doesn't bother me until I try to put myself out there. I know what I want. At least, I think I do. I know what my goals are, though some will indefinitely change over time. However, that doesn't lessen my determination. It's fear that's holding me back. A voice inside my head tells me that I won't be able to express myself the right way. Oh, I'll be able to do it, but it won't be close to my expectations… There it is, fear.

I want to be stronger. I want to speak my mind and do it with wisdom. I want to get my point across without worrying about others perceiving it the wrong way. I feel it's important to consider that, though. I have beliefs that some see as weird, others see as wonderful. I know not everyone will like my views, but I know there are people who will. I believe that. My opinions are important to me and I want to share them. I have to break this fear, if I ever want to succeed.

~ tessmarie (May 30, 2010)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment