Sunday, May 9, 2010

Music ♫



Do you ever listen to the radio or to a playlist (or any other music source) and feel like you're in another world? Is it an escape that you often crave? It seems common for people to do this, but sometimes I wonder to what extent to they do it? Does their favorite song take them to a life unlike their own, completely opposite? Is that alternate reality more appealing than the song that helps achieve it? Or do their lives so closely relate to a song that they want to get lost in it because they never want the happiness they feel to slip away? Is it always about feeling some kind of high? I think it is, at least, that's how it is for me. Music is somewhat of an obsession for me. Of course, I have many other obsessions, but this one is pretty high on my list of things I live off of. It helps me develop my stories. Music, especially on the radio, provides a lot of inspiration for me. There are even songs that I didn't like at first, but became fond of because of realized that they could relate to my story, At First Blush. Honestly, my day just doesn't feel the same if I don't hear a song that tells a story or has an infectious beat...

~ tessmarie (May 9, 2010)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment