Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's over. Wait, no...it's just beginning.

...


Exams...are over.


Papers...are done.


High school...is finished!


Yesterday was my last day of high school. Today was senior chapel, a day I have always looked forward to every year. It's a special event to honor the senior class at my high school. Ever since seventh grade, I loved to see seniors (ones I didn't even know) be lifted up and happy on such a special day for them. The teachers/staff always made the event entertaining with jokes and embarrassing stories. Of course, there have been some boring moments in between, but it was always worth it to see the smile on the seniors' faces. And today, I was one of those seniors. It was my class' turn finally. I knew it would be more emotional this time, and it was. The one real difference was the increased suspense. I had so much fun trying to figure out who would speak for what student. Now...I was trying to figure out who was going to speak for ME! I had expectations. I tried not to take them too seriously and I was successful. But reality had exceeded my expectations. A teacher I greatly admire, Mrs. Trahan, had me. And it doesn't even end there. She also had my best friend Jackie. Nothing could have been more amazing! Honestly, it was more than I could have asked for. I feel truly blessed. I cried both tears of sadness and of joy. My dad, my brother Todd, and I ate at Another Broken Egg Cafe afterwards. Around 5, I went with my friend Meredith to see my art teacher, Mrs. Mary, in the hospital because she recently had a stroke. I was glad to see that she looked OK. All in all, it was a good day.

Road trip out of town tomorrow! I'm driving there with Jackie. We're touring a college campus. So much is changing so fast...

~ tessmarie (May 6, 2010)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment