Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm on a Mission...

...to dominate the internet!

OK, no, not really... What I plan to do is on a smaller scale.

I keep thinking of ways to market myself and just be out in the open for opportunity. Social media and networking sites seem to be great for this. So, I'm starting with the basics. I'm on Twitter and I'm already addicted to it. Simple! I just have to get a whole bunch of followers and then people will notice my ideas! That isn't exactly as easy as I thought I'd be. Because it's not about quantity, but about quality in the long run. Ahhh, but I'm impatient... I'm fighting through that. Even though I want quick results, I realize long-lasting results are the best. :)

And Facebook is out. I mean, it annoys me now. Why would I want to spend more time on a site that I intentionally stay away from? Maybe a fan page would be fun a while from now. Oh, ha ha! I'm speaking as if I'm actually going to be well-known. Ha...that was funny. :)

My other idea was YouTube. Sounds fun...if I can really do it. I've wanted to do it for years. The problem is I'm a bit camera shy when it comes to speaking to an extremely large audience. I've tried to film myself before with the intention of uploading it to YouTube. Just knowing that maybe someone I don't know will see the video FREAKS ME OUT. I start to act all nervous and say stupid things that don't make any sense. I really want to get past that and I don't know how. But I'm going to keep trying, because I think it would be a good thing.

I don't think I'll get popular over night. I'm going to be realistic and level-headed about this. At least, that's what I'm trying to do. If I'm going to be known for something, I want it to be a good thing, something that's important to me. Not something that just shocks and entertains people. But hey, it does that also, then OK! Ha ha.


By marketing myself, my goals are to:

* Grow as a person.

* Make a name for myself.

* Spread and shape my ideas, writings, and illustrations.


And I pray that this will be an amazing journey that will bring me even closer to God.


~ tessmarie (June 22, 2010)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.