Thursday, April 8, 2010

Kamehameha!

I've been craving some Dragonball Z. Call me crazy, but I love that show. And it's more than the nostalgia. And by nostalgia, I mean I used to watch the show in 1st/2nd grade on Cartoon Network. I watched it in order to relate to the boys at my school. I had only a couple of friends so that helped me kind of socialize. I remember looking for "dragonballs" on the playground. Fun times. I just think it's weird that I started watching a show over 10 years ago and now I'm 18 and still love it. But of course I have good reasons.

1. The characters are fascinating, both with personality and looks.
2. The story lines, though long, keep me hooked.
3. It's a long series that takes time and dedication to watch.
4. There are plenty of surprises, ha ha.

But again, it's silly a lot. Not just funny, but silly. Things happen that don't make sense almost every episode.
I'm not complaining though. It's not like the show is trying to be realistic.

I have a few favorite characters. The two that top my list are Vegeta and future Trunks. Goku fluctuates on my list, depending on my mood. Ha ha. But the Saiyan Prince and his son are always fun to watch, especially the relationship between the two. I guess I'm a sucker for the whole father-son aspect of it.

Here are two sketches I drew of Vegeta. They're sloppy but I think they're cute. Oh and also, these were drawn on my school planner, hence the numbers and writing all over the place.





Why am I still blogging? I've got a whole lot of DBZ to catch up on. :)

~ tessmarie (April 8, 2010)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment