Sunday, February 14, 2010

Am I Me? Or Am I Her?

~Listening for the Voice~

She's all of me, but less of me.
I speak, she talks.
When I'm upset, she's there observing my thoughts.
Taking note of who I am, who I'm becoming.
Is she the shadow of my soul?
Or the window to my heart?
I don't think I know her, but she definitely knows me.
I wait for her to come.
When she speaks, I will listen.


~The Mirror~

Tears I cry
She wonders why
I smile bright
She replies with delight
Her face is mine
But we have a different design
Who is she?
Am I her or is she me?


~Me (Her)~

~I love you! (You have no idea how much you mean to me.)
~I'm OK. (I just want to cry.)
~What's going on? (I feel left out. Why am I here anyway?)
~What do you think about my drawing? (Do you like it? Is it…good enough?)
~ Can I talk to you? (Please be there for me. I need you.)


As much as I have thought that I did, I do not have an alter ego. But it's kinda fun to pretend that I do. :)


~ tessmarie (February 14, 2010) [Written February 5, 2010]

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment