Sunday, March 7, 2010

Friendship For What Reason

This thought has been on my mind.
-People are who they associate with.

I want to be real about this.
Because I don't want to lie to myself... but unfortunately I think I have been.

For years, I was shy. Afraid that people wouldn't like me, I accepted any friend I could get.
I'd like to think things have changed since those times.

I understand that I'm young and so are many of my friends. Teenagers don't exactly make the best choices.
But then again, that can be said about a lot of adults, too. I don't want to make excuses.

The more I think about who my friends are, the more concerned I get. I question my decision to be friends with certain people. I stick to my morals. When I see my friends do something unbelievably stupid or hurtful to others, I almost get sick. People make mistakes. And the Bible says to forgive 70 x 7 (Matthew 18:21). I will forgive, but I'm sure there are people who aren't meant to stay in your life. How is that kind of decision made? I've tried to break away, but I'm always pulled back in. Where does it end?

I see myself getting tired of being around people who are obsessed with worldliness. I love my friends, I really do.
BUT sometimes you have to let go.

At this point...I'm just waiting to let go.

~ tessmarie (March 7, 2010)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment